Saturday, May 23, 2009

National's Game

We headed to our very first Washington National's game! Nate was so excited that they were playing the Baltimore Orioles!

Nate saw a Build A Bear (yes, in the stadium) on our way up to our seats and asked to go check it out. On our way there we saw all the characters coming to take pics!





It was a great game! The seats were nice, food was good and everyone was happy.




The boys each made a Screech Bird at Build a Bear!











(Back story...On the way in to the game when we got off the exit, the gas light came on. Now if it was me I would have stopped for gas then..but NO John didnt want to be late for the game...so)
After the game (it was after 1030) we walked back to our car and tried to find a gas station using the GPS. It kept sending us to a lot where there MIGHT have been a gas station at one point...but it was not longer. So John just happened to make a few turns and we saw one. He pulls in rolls down the window and is told that he needs to go inside to pay for gas. So he gets out of the car, leaves the window down, and the boys and I sit and wait. As he is walking in I here some guy ask him for money. There was an older man outside my car, who then hollers at this guy to get out of there...that he had no money for him. While John was "inside" (I later found out that you walk in about 5 steps and the whole store is behind bullet proof glass. Anything you wanted the guy at the register gets for you and slips throw a little hole in the glass.) cars start to pull up all around my car (we are completely surrounded). Guys start getting out all over the place and screaming and yelling. Then a car of girls pull up and the guys start pulling out guns. (Now I really start to panic...I can't go anywhere I am surrounded. Do I jump out of my seat and cover the boys???? ) The older man starts yelling some more..."Get out of here, don't be stupid, don't do this, etc" While people are screaming and cursing. 2 guys SMACK my hood. The older man yelled some more and everyone but the guy that asked John for money leaves. A minute later John walks out. Throws some money and his credit cards on the seat and just stands outside leaning on the window while the older man pumps the gas. Then the guy walks over and the older man makes him apologize. John says no big deal thinking its nothing. Just then the pump stops and John gets in. I start saying over and over "get out of here now. (he was taking his time putting his money away and putting his seat belt on etc) So we pull out and I freak out on him. Telling him everything that happened. He knew nothing! He was inside the whole time and had no clue what was going on. LESSON LEARNED! If you go to a Nationals game...go with a FULL tank of gas!!!

(At the end of the game they announced that the next day was Family Day. We went back to our hotel room and decided that after a morning with the kids in D.C. we would head back to the Nationals for a day game before heading home. BUT we would be taking the train in..not taking our car! There was NO way I was going through that again! )

No comments: